How to Search, Shortlist and Apply to Schools on Schoolato
Please note: All the fields in this search bar are optional and you can simply click the Search button without entering anything and you will see all the school in all locations.
In the School name or Keyword field, you can search schools directly by typing the name or you can even type the location or both. Below (in bold) are all valid examples of how you can search with Keyword:
- DPS: This will show all DPS schools
- Shikshantar: This will show all branches of Shikshantar
- DPS RK Puram: This keyword will only show DPS RK Puram branch
- RK Puram: This will show all schools in RK Puram
- Pitampura: This will show all schools in Pitampura
- Sector 46 Gurgaon: This will show all schools in Sector 46, Gurgaon
Searching with location and category fields are self-explanatory. You can choose Delhi, Gurgaon or Noida in location and select “Play Schools” or “Nursery to XII” in category.
After you press the search button you’ll land on the search page where on the right-hand side you’ll see the list of schools while on the left-hand side you’ll see the Filters. Filters are important to shortlist the schools.
You can filter the results by:
- Keyword: Type any keyword that will identify the schools you are looking for. Like you can type school name, location or area in the keywords as explained in the section above.
- Location and Category: Similar to above you can filter by location and category here as well. No need to go back to the home page to search again.
- Radius of Home address: This is an excellent feature to shortlist your schools where you can see all the schools in your area. Just enter your home address or location in the text box and you’ll see a slider where you can set the radius as 5 KM, 10 KM, 15 Km or 20 KM.
- Filter By Fee: Another important requirement while selecting the schools is the fee. If you have set the budget for the fee you can filter the schools that are in your range. Choose the fee range from the following ranges in the Fee dropdown.
- You can also filter the schools by using the tags and the features that are available in the filter panel. Like if you are looking for a Girls only school or a CBSE school you can click on the tags to filter.
- Sorting: You can sort the results on the following fields. This will help in shortlisting quickly.
Shortlisting the Schools
Most parents first shortlist the schools and then apply to some of the schools which have been shortlisted. The best approach to shortlist the school is to “BOOKMARK” the school. Highlighted in red below is the icon on the list of school which you can use to bookmark.
After you have bookmarked all the schools you can go to your dashboard from the profile menu on top right of the site and then click on my bookmarks to view all the shortlisted schools
Applying to Schools
Applying to the schools on Schoolato is as simple as adding a product in your cart on any e-commerce website. Just click the “Apply” button on the list of schools or on the school page and the school would be added to your cart. Here are the places where you will find the apply button.
Please note: You will only be able to apply to a school if the admission in the school are not closed. If the admissions are closed you will not see the Apply button
When you press the Apply button the school will be added to your cart. You can view your cart anytime by hovering over the cart icon on top of the page
From the above menu you can view the cart, remove schools from the cart or you can directly jump to the checkout page where you can make the payment.
Filling the Admission Form
After you have selected the schools, added them to your cart and checkout you should fill the admission form. There is only one single admission form on Schoolato which will be used to fill the admission forms for all the schools.
To fill the form Goto your dashboard from the profile menu at the top right of the page and click on Admission Form
Tracking your applications
You can track your application after you have applied to the schools. From the profile menu click on Track Application