Procedure for Nursery Admissions in Delhi for 2020-21
In this article you will find all you need to know about the admissions for Nursery class in Delhi schools. The procedure for the admission, the age limits, documents and the rules. Government of Delhi, under the guidance of Delhi's education minister Mr. Manish Shishodia, has laid down clear guidelines for all the schools for admissions for the classes Nursery to 1st for the session 2019-20. For this year (20-21) it is expected that same guidelines shall be applicable although there might be changes in the dates. The table below list down the sequence and the important dates for the admission procedure
|1||School to submit the Admission Criteria and Points on DOE Website||28th Nov|
|2||Admission Forms Available to parents from School's website or School premises||28th Nov|
|3||Last Date to submit the Admission form at School||27th Dec|
|4||School to upload the list of details of all children who applied||10th Jan|
|5||Schools to upload the marks allocated to each child as per the criteria||17th Jan|
|6||Schools to publish 1st list of Selected Students, Including waiting list along with marks as per criteria||24th Jan|
|7||For children selected in 1st list school visit, parent interaction and queries though email, call||27th Jan - 3th Feb|
|8||Schools to publish 2nd list of Selected Students, Including waiting list along with marks as per criteria||21st Feb|
|9||For children selected in 2nd list school visit, parent interaction and queries though email, call||22nd Feb - 28th Feb|
|10||Schools to publish 3rd list of Selected Students, if applicable||6th Mar|
|11||Closure of Admission Process||16th Mar|
Following are the Age Limits for admission to Nursery K.G and First Class as per the DOE circular.
|Class||Age Limit as on 31st March|
|Nursery||3 - 4 Years|
|K.G||4 - 5 Years|
|1st||5 - 6 Years|
Few other important points to note for nursery admissions in Delhi:
- 1. Delhi School can only charge Rs. 25 as the registration fee for the form
- 2. Purchase of prospectous with the form is optional. The schools can neither force parents to buy prospectus nor charge any processing fee
- 3. 25% of total seats shall be reserved by all schools for EWS/DG and child with disabilities
- 4. All the schools must ensure that the criterion wise break up of points of all applicant
children are displayed on their website also
- 5. The draw of lots (if any), shall be conducted in a transparent manner in presence of
parents. All the eligible parents of students in draw of lots will be informed well in advance by the
school. The draw of lots will be conducted under videography and its footage to be
maintained/retained by the school. The slips will be shown to the parents before putting in the
box, being used for draw of lots.
- 6. Following documents, in name of child or any of the parent, shall be considered as valid Address Proof: Ration Card/Smart Card, Domicile Certificate, Voter ID, Electricity/MTNL/Water Bill, Passport, Aadhar card.
- 7. No EWS/DG seat can be filled manually by the School, these will be filled by the computerized draw by the department.
- 8. Each school can have diffrent documents, admission criteria and points system but those should be notified to parents on their website.